A statement on the occasion of “non-existent allegations of the opposition”, as he notes, “for the taxation of the profits of the companies producing electricity and natural gas “, issued the Ministry of Environment and Energy.
According to the announcement, “the imposition of the extraordinary fee, amounting to 90%, on the additional revenues of the electricity companies is a commitment of the Prime Ministerwill be observed in full and will be done in a clear and fair manner, which can not be challenged legally by the producers “.
The ministry speaks of a quote from the opposition “completely arbitrary numbers, without any documentation, which have nothing to do with reality.”
According to the over-revenues, they emerged from a specific scientific methodology of RAE, which came to a conclusion that covers the period from October 2021 to March 2022.
The revenues from the emergency fee will contribute to the financing of the National Support Plan, announced by the Prime Minister, to deal with the effects of the price increases on electricity.
Based on this plan and the new mechanism, which will take effect in July, the adjustment clause is effectively abolished and the production of additional revenue for generators stops.
The announcement of the Ministry of Environment and Energy in detail:
“The imposition of the extraordinary fee, amounting to 90%, on the additional revenues of the electricity companies is a commitment of the prime minister, will be observed in full and will be done in a clear and fair manner, without any legal dispute by the producers.
• Through a specific scientific methodology, RAE came to its conclusion on the additional revenues of energy companies.
• The RAE report covers the period from October 2021 to March 2022.
• The amount that RAE ends up with as an increased gross profit margin of the vertically integrated electricity companies in the wholesale market amounts to 591.45 million euros, after first deductions of 335.99 million euros have been deducted which PPC provided to the customers. of.
• For the final determination of the amount of additional income, the indirect discounts that each provider has applied through the fixed tariffs it offers, and which RAE determines in a range between 5% -20%, must be deducted from the above amount.
• After the final determination, according to the instructions and data of RAE, the Government will proceed to the imposition of the extraordinary fee of 90% on this amount.
• Revenue from this emergency fee, the highest in Europe, will help fund the Prime Minister’s National Support Plan to address the effects of electricity price increases.
• Based on this plan and the new mechanism that will take effect from July, the implementation of the adjustment clause is effectively abolished and the production of additional revenues for the generators stops.
• According to the substantiated finding of RAE, the official opposition has been quoting numbers all this time, completely arbitrarily, without any documentation, which have nothing to do with reality.
• The Prime Minister keeps his commitments and the government uses every available means and every opportunity that exists in order to stand by every citizen. With seriousness, responsibility and professionalism, far from cheap promises and unsubstantiated calculations “.