The amount of the subsidy can reach up to 600 euros. – The process in detail
The Power Pass platform opened today and for VAT number 7 and 8. Concerns electricity bills of first residence or student housing within Greece, issued during the period from 1 December 2021 until 31 May 2022.
More and more citizens are rushing to enter the platform to receive the amount of the subsidy, which amounts to 60% of the increase in the electricity price of the first home, which depending on the amount of bills, can reach up to 600 euros.
The operation of the platform is very simple, as you only need the citizen codes in Taxisnet and the IBAN of the account to which the grant wishes to be credited. All other data are pumped automatically through the Interoperability Center of the General Secretariat of Information Systems of Public Administration.
The financial one concerns the electricity bills of the first residence or student housing in Greece, issued during the period from 01-12-2021 until 31-05-2022. The subsidy rate is 60% of the increase in the price of electricity of the first residence and, depending on the amount of the bills, can amount up to 600 euros. The beneficiary of the Power Pass is every citizen who:
• is a tax resident of Greece,
• his net family income after tax deduction does not exceed € 45,000, based on the declared income of the tax year 2020,
• has a VAT number that has not already been declared as a dependent member in an application submitted by another person and
• was charged with a total increase of more than € 30 in the electricity bills issued during the period from 01-12-2021 until 31-05-2022.
The operation of the platform vouchers.gov.gr is very simple, as you only need the citizen codes in Taxisnet and the IBAN of the account to which the grant wishes to be credited. All other data are pumped automatically through the Interoperability Center of the General Secretariat of Information Systems of Public Administration.
How to apply
1. The citizen enters the platform with his codes in Taxisnet and confirms that his details (name, VAT number, year of birth) that are displayed are correct.
2. The citizen is asked to choose whether he wants to apply for himself or for a protected member of his family.
3. The details of the main residence per month (address and supply number) are displayed on the screen. This information the beneficiary can:
– or confirm them,
– or to modify them through the platform “Main Residence Declaration for Power Pass” (https://www1.aade.gr/saadeapps3/powerpass/katoikia), which has been implemented by AADE. The citizen can be transferred to the AADE platform through vouchers.gov.gr, by clicking on the relevant field that appears below the details of first residence. The data declared on the AADE platform are registered immediately. Thus, after the beneficiary fills in the correct details of the first residence, he can return to the Power Pass platform and complete his application.
4. The fields appear on the same page so that the citizen can fill in his e-mail, IBAN and the name of the banking institution where his bank account is kept.
5. By clicking “Submit”, the citizen completes the application process.
For as long as the application platform remains open, a pre-check will be carried out and notifications will be sent to citizens for any corrections (non-existent provision, incorrect account category, etc.). The clearance of applications, the determination of the refund amount and its payment to the beneficiaries will take place during the first ten days of July.
It is clarified that the beneficiaries can apply both for their main residence and for the student housing of protected members studying in Greece. In these cases, the citizen can submit up to three additional applications for protected members, each time following the above steps.
In addition, for those who are required to file a tax return for the first time for the tax year 2021, it is necessary to submit the tax return before applying for the Power Pass. In this case, the net family income, after deduction of taxes, of the tax year 2021 will be taken into account.
Check out the news feed and stay up to date with the latest news.