The Czech Prime Minister accuses Russia of economic warfare

0

In his speech, the Czech Prime Minister referred to a five-year plan to reduce the country’s dependence on gas and oil imports from Russia, which includes the potential cost of 2.6 billion euros to address its higher costs. energy.

Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala on Wednesday accused Russia of waging an economic war against Europe at the same time as invading Ukraine.

“Moscow’s intention is to weaken and destabilize democracies,” Fiala said during a live televised speech last night, warning that Russia was in real danger of cutting off Europe’s gas supplies in the coming weeks. next months.

In his speech, the Czech Prime Minister referred to a five-year plan to reduce the country’s dependence on gas and oil imports from Russia, which includes the potential cost of 2.6 billion euros to address its higher costs. energy.

Under the new strategy, key power plants will be placed under full state control, Mr Fiala said.

Today, 70% of the energy company ZEZ – which also operates the Central European country’s nuclear power plants – is owned by the Czech state and the remaining 30% by minority private shareholders.

Source: ΑΠΕ-ΜΠΕ

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.