The new cases of coronavirus today, Friday, December 17, were announced by EODY. According to the information, during the last 24 hours in Greece 85 new deaths are recorded while 684 intubated patients are treated in the country’s hospitals. The new cases amount to a total of 4,766.
According to the epidemiological report of EODY:
- The new laboratory-confirmed cases of the disease recorded in the last 24 hours are 4,766, of which
- 16 were located after checks at the country’s gates.
- The total number of cases is 1,026,902 (daily change + 0.5%), of which 50.5% are men.
- Based on the confirmed cases of the last 7 days, 178 are considered to be related to travel from abroad and 3,087 are related to an already known case.
- The new deaths of patients with COVID-19 are 85, while since the beginning of the epidemic a total of 19,736 deaths have been recorded. 95.3% had underlying disease and / or age 70 years and older.
- The number of patients treated by intubation is 684 (59.8% men). Their median age is 64 years.
- 81.0% have underlying disease and / or age 70 years and older.
- Among intubated patients, 565 (82.6%) are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and 119 (17.4%) are fully vaccinated.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, 3,656 patients have been discharged from the ICU.
- The admission of new Covid-19 patients to the hospitals of the territory is 319 (daily change -19.85%).
- The average seven-day admission is 355 patients.
- The median age of cases is 38 years (range 0.2 to 106 years), while the median age of death is 78 years (range 0.2 to 106 years).